cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alin63992
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

I lost the HP_TOOLS partition after reinstalling Windows 10. Is there a way to get it back?

HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I got an HP ZBook 15 G2 a little bi of time ago which came with Windows 10 Pro installed on it, in Legacy mode. I had some problems with Windows so i decided to reinstall it, and while i was at it, i decided to install Windows in UEFI mode, even though it brought me some disadvantages in terms of boot speed (in legacy mode it took less to boot up than on UEFI and it doesn't make any sense to me why, but that's not the point of this post), so that meant to erase all the partitions from my drive to install Windows in UEFI mode because everybody was saying that it decreases boot time and that its better than legacy, so i threw the towel in and did it. Fast forward about one week, and i find out while looking around the BIOS that i can set a custom boot logo. HOORAY! XD Making my laptop even more mine! So I looked around on the internet and i see that i needs the HP_TOOLS partition, which is missing for me from when i erased the SSD.

My question is: Can this partition be brought back? And if it can, how?

Sorry for the long post, and for getting sidetracked for a moment

Thank you in advance! 😄

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation