Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 g6 6TU91EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've upgraded an IR/HD webcam to my zbook that came without any cam, just mic at the top of the bezel. 

Encouraged by the discussion of successful upgrade from no cam to hd-cam in another thread here,  I ordered parts IR-cam and cable-set from HP and successfully installed them.

However, no device manager, nor BIOS is recognizing installed camera. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just to update:

All functioning now (ir full hd cam, video, mic, hello). It had nothing to do with software. Apparently the first cable of the cable kit I installed was not the correct one. With the second cable loom I tried it was plug'n play!

How I was unable to get the cable right on first go? The cable kit that comes with the part number L68873-001 is actually a set of five (5) separate cables -obviously for different configurations. Out of these there were only two cable looms with connectors that did match with my setup, but no reference whatsoever as to what is the difference between these two.

Thus, it took me two tries to get it right. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just to update:

All functioning now (ir full hd cam, video, mic, hello). It had nothing to do with software. Apparently the first cable of the cable kit I installed was not the correct one. With the second cable loom I tried it was plug'n play!

How I was unable to get the cable right on first go? The cable kit that comes with the part number L68873-001 is actually a set of five (5) separate cables -obviously for different configurations. Out of these there were only two cable looms with connectors that did match with my setup, but no reference whatsoever as to what is the difference between these two.

Thus, it took me two tries to get it right. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.