Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Does anyone have any specific information on the camera hardware installed in the HP dv7-7243cl?

HP Recommended

I've got 9 microsoft certs and this is the worst OS I've seen MS come out with.  The whole **bleep**ing thing is hacked and allows **bleep** in and out of ports through all the **bleep** thats preinstalled by the hardware vendors.  You cant get **bleep** to work for your life.  And if you were or are an administrator you'll find that Microsoft has made everything an extra click away from being done and they also hide the entirety of the applications you truely have from your site making the pc or laptop pretty cumbersome to use.  And HP doesnt help a **bleep** bit with this **bleep** of making it goddamned impossibe to boot up from a disc!!!!  CAN I PLEASE BOOT UP FROM A[Content Removed] CD OR DVD!!!!!???!??!?!?!?!?!?!  I HATE WINDOWS 8 WITH A PASSION!  I know a Programmer in HP Named[Personal Information Removed], he works in the server department, too bad he doesnt control the laptop **bleep** too, cause I know he wouldnt put out trash like this **bleep**ing ENVY dv7.   This thing is a **bleep**ing STRESS MONSTER

ALL I GET IS STRESS FROM THIS PEACE OF CRAP LAPTOP.... I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DELL.

Period End of Story.

~Parke [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

I disabled secure boot and enabled legacy support in BIOS. While installing the Win 7, in the partitioning phase, I installed the Intel's raid drivers from a USB flash drive. After that It booted well. But a lot of drivers are missing. Hope this info helps.

HP Recommended

"HP does not support new consumer notebooks for any other operating system but windows 8"

As I also want to install Win7 on this particular laptop, I would expect HP to get its head out of its collective bleep and provide useful support to purchasers of its products, whether consumer or business, despite the apparent "this-comes-from-the-top" corporate requirement to suck Microsoft's bleeping bleep by becoming bleeping Win8 sicophants.

HP Recommended

If anyone trying to install Windows 7 gets an error message saying: " Windows cannot be installed to this disk" (or something like that), then you need to delete all of the recovery partitions. Once that's done, the message goes away. Then I created a new partition and am installing Windows 7 on to that. We'll see if I get the same error message the previous user got. If so, I'll install Linux Mint and be done with it.

If you install Windows 7 you will need a license key. I don't know if HP is required to provide one (As far as I know, all OEM's provide downgrade licenses to businesses).

Hope this helps,

Jason M.

HP Recommended

This may be quite old, but I was dealing with this issue of re-installing windows 7 instead of windows 8 for a user and couldn't find the drivers through HP support or windows update. So USB 3 wouldn't work, I was only seeing a standard VGA video adapter, SM Bus wouldn't load, and for some reason I couldn't get windows to update (another issue) but it turns out all I needed to do was run a utilty off of the AMD website, and it fixed many issues. If your HP Envy dv7 laptop has an AMD sticker on it, head over to the website below and get your HP Envy drivers updated. I'm not sure if this laptop came with an Intel processor or now, if they did, maybe you need to go to the intel website to update your drivers.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.