cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
RangerZ
Level 4
107 42 1 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Intel PROSetWireless is configured to sync with Intel ATM

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a small fleet of HP Elitebook 840 G1 series notebooks. Whenever we go to connect to a wireless network we get a pop-up that states:

Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi software is configured to synchronize user profiles with Intel Active Management Technology. Would you like to Synchronize this profile with Intel Active Management Technology?" [Profile Name] <Yes\No>

The window fades in a few seconds if not answered.

So much going on here that I do not understand, but bottom line is that an unable to find any way to configure Intel ProSet/Wireless to say "No" and not to bother anyone again?

Is there a tool I am missing to configure this or can it be managed in some other manner (GPE or registry)?

It does not matter if I answer Yes or No, it asks again for each change.  What are the implications of answering Yes or No?

I know when booting there is config in (F6) Intel ME Setup and in (F10) BIOS.

In the Intel ME menu is a sub menu for AMT Configuration which appears to require a password, so do not know what the options are here.

In BIOS I can "Unconfigure AMT on next boot". I assume if I unconfgure it, the option will change to "Configure AMT on next boot, but not positive. What are the implications of disabling this?

We are a small firm and for all intent and purpose do not use any of the "Corporate Security Tools" that these machines are capable of, but I install all the drivers needed to get rid of device errors and other warnings. I am unaware of any guides on this config.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,204 709 76 144
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

go ahead and In BIOS "Unconfigure AMT on next boot"... Intel AMT is the remote management technology built into the chipset, and is not used/required for majority of customers. to truly use it, there are specific configuration requirements and is not worth the effort in your case

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
RangerZ
Author
Level 4
107 42 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@soccer_dan

Thank you.  Sorry, I missed your reply.

I plan to do a rebuild on one of these PCs in the near future and will test this out. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation