Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP NoteBook 15-ay112ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Capture.PNGGood morning all,

When I opened computer managmenr - device manager, I found that there is driver missing (Intel high definition DSP), I looked for, but no hope, appreciate your help, noting that my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-ay191nia, system is widows 10 64 bit, and what driver should i install for my modle ..  please help me Smiley Happy 

THANKS .. 

[personal information removed]

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Ghaith_awwad96,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. 🙂 A very good day to you! 🙂 I read the post regarding issues with Intel High definition DSP drivers. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Superb effort and spectacular research were done as well. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 . I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you check the Intel support site to get an updated driver?
  • Did you check the HP support site and try to download it?

For a start, it looks like an audio driver.

So please try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Then check the box delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe  select the country and type the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions to do it.

Please check this forum link: http://hp.care/2tXVWs5   which solved the issue for another customer.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a superb week ahead. 🙂  ​​​​​​​

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This issue occurs on all of our EliteBook 840 G3 units after updating the Conexant audio drivers from HP's website...

The Intel High Definition DSP device in the "Other devices" section appears:

Other devices- Intel High Definition DSP.png

Performing steps suggested only results in the device appearing instead as Intel High Definition Audio.

Other devices- Intel High Definition Audio.PNG

It is implied on HP's website that updating BIOS should also include updating the Intel ME firmware which in turn implies updating the Intel ME drivers... but the issue above still remains after doing so.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and I've installed all the drivers again 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.