cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Huf2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Is the HP Elitebook 840 G3 compatible with the USB C G5 docking station through a dock adapter?

HP Recommended
2NA11AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a USB C G5 docking station to connect my work laptop (Elitebook 840 G3) to my two monitors at home. I connect my laptop to the docking station by making use of the 4.5mm docking adapter (part: 2NA11AA). However, when I use this solution, the docking station does only seem to get the USB-features to work and the ethernet (my mouse and wired internet through the docking station work), but it does not seem to detect my monitors. 

The thing is, I have a similar set-up at work (not sure if this is exactly the same docking station), where this solution does work. 

Is this laptop suitable for this exact solution? If so, how do I get it to work?

I already updated the drivers, but this does not seem to help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 865 74 130
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, it is not... However, the USB-c Universal G2 dock can be used with an adapter that changes the usb-c connection to a barrel/usb-3 connection... Then, loading the Displaylink softpaq is all you need

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 865 74 130
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, it is not... However, the USB-c Universal G2 dock can be used with an adapter that changes the usb-c connection to a barrel/usb-3 connection... Then, loading the Displaylink softpaq is all you need

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation