Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 11

Subject: Issue with HP Endpoint Security Controller on HP 840 G5

Dear HP Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to report an issue with the HP Endpoint Security Controller on my HP 840 G5 laptop.

Recently, I encountered an error message indicating that there is a problem with the HP Endpoint Security Controller on the unit, and it advises me to contact HP Inc. to have the unit serviced. Despite trying to troubleshoot the issue on my own by following general troubleshooting steps, I have been unable to resolve it.

The error message has been persisting, and it is impacting the functionality of my laptop. As such, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter promptly.

Here are some details about my system:

• Model: HP 840 G5
  • Operating System: [Please specify your operating system]
  • Error Message: "There is a problem with the HP Endpoint Security Controller on the unit. Please contact HP Inc. to have the unit serviced."

I have already attempted the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restarted the laptop multiple times.
  2. Checked for Windows updates and installed them.
  3. Updated drivers through Device Manager.
  4. Ran antivirus scans to check for malware or viruses.
  5. Verified that there are no conflicting security software installed.

Despite these efforts, the issue persists. Therefore, I kindly request your assistance in diagnosing and resolving the problem with the HP Endpoint Security Controller on my HP 840 G5 laptop.

Please let me know if you require any additional information or if there are specific steps you would like me to take to further troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and resolution of the problem.

Sincerely,

[personal information removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.