cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Issue with connecting my HP laptop to an HP docking station with thunderbolt

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP laptop has a powered Thunderbolt port and I just purchased an HP thunderbolt docking station, but I'm having issues with devices connected to the Thunderbolt port.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,793 9,700 788 3,668
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @GreenTeam07 

Welcome !

HP docking stations like the Thunderbolt ones are classified as business class products and they only only with another business class computers. You have listed that you use HP Envy x360. Envy is very nice premium device bit is considered consumer/home class device. Therefore, HP Envy x360 is not compatible with the Thunderbolt docks.

Reference:

>> https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-thunderbolt-dock-g2-with-combo-cable

>> https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2UK37ET&opt=ABU&sel=ACC

Hope this information helps.

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation