Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello HP Community,

I hope this message finds you all well. I am reaching out to seek assistance with a keyboard problem I have been experiencing on my HP laptop. Recently, I noticed that several keys on my keyboard have stopped functioning correctly. Specifically, the 'b', 'n', 'ESC', 'Caps Lock', 'Arrow Right', and a few other keys are unresponsive.

Here's some additional information about my system:

• Laptop Model: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 Notebook PC
  • Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro

Troubleshooting steps I've already tried:

1. Restarted the laptop: I tried rebooting my laptop multiple times, hoping that it might be a temporary glitch, but unfortunately, the issue persists.
  2. Checked for software updates: I made sure my operating system and drivers were up to date, but that did not resolve the problem either.

I am seeking guidance and advice from the HP community on how to address this situation. If any of you have encountered a similar problem or have expertise in laptop hardware, I would greatly appreciate your input. Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. Is there any additional troubleshooting I can perform to confirm that it's indeed a hardware issue?
  2. Is it possible to fix this problem without having to replace the entire keyboard? Are there any DIY solutions I can try?

Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,  Visar Mehmeti

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.