cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Keyboard backlight won't stay on

HP Recommended
HP 15 Intel Core i5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been trying methods to have my keyboard backlight to constantly stay on. The timeout option doesn't appear in my BIOS and any available third-party files don't seem to work either. It's really annoying and I need to find any other ways to keep it on.

Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. Saw your post in the other thread.

Here's what worked for me:

(This is the solution posted by "Vinzzo" in the other thread..  Message 132 of 146.

I have cleaned up his grammar and typing (it's nearly impossible to read otherwise:

Here it is:

Go to the touchpad settings (fr Control panel / Devices)

• Make sure the touchpad is in the ON position--
  • Press down the touchpad (I press it in the lower left corner completely pressed down
  • WHILE holding it down, toggle OFF off the touchpad with a mouse (make sure it does it in one motion -- (meaning if it goes on on it won’t work) - So press the corner down, hold it, & switch to OFF, then move the mouse away from the button
  • Let go of the touchpad

The keyboard light will stay on as long as you use the laptop (your touchpad will not work--that is the only downfall but if you have a mouse connected it doesn't really bother me )  but it definitely works been doing it for about a week now.

(When you restart the computer or shut it off you just have to redo it every time)

That's it in a nutshell.  I tried this about 7-10 days ago, and I'm a new man.  Backlight has been on shining bright ever since!

How arrogant and stupid of HP to decide that I need the backlight to go off, and not offer an option to change it.

(PS also found solution for a different problem on my HP-`5 I7 laptop:

Extended monitor gets messed up every time the screen sver goes on..  which itself is an issue because goes on even though i have it set not to).

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation