Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently got an Elitebook 1030 G3 and so far it's brilliant! Had many issues with HP laptops in the past but this machine is just excellent. Good job, HP!

But after the latest Windows update (1903) on some wake ups and start ups the keyboard stops working and does not start to work until I deinstall the driver and reinstall it again in the device manager. Restarting the device or changing from tablet mode to laptop mode does not help either. Only completely removing the drivers, installing them again through windows update and then rebooting fixes it for some time. 

I had this happen three times in two days, which is a bit much. I updated the BIOS but had the third appearance of the problem right after start up. 

The hardware itself works. I can still change the backlighting or turn on sureview.

Any ideas on how to solve this? So far it only happened at home but it would be highly uncomfortable if this happened at work or when having a presentation.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I've been having the same exact problem with my new Elitebook. This workaround seems to help: try shutting down the laptop, holding the power button for 60 seconds, then restarting.

It's still quite annoying that I have to do this once or twice a week but I suppose it's better than removing and reinstalling drivers.

HP Recommended

First think i would recommend is to run HP Image Assistant (www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement) and let it do all the updates it suggests... see if that takes care of the problem... I would also reset the BIOS to defaults

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.