Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 855 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model: HP EliteBook 855 G7 Notebook PC (3E780AV)

I am a user of Elite Book in Korea.

I want to use LTE in the Elite Book, but it will be released in Korea only next year.

So I'm looking to install the LTE module directly on this model, and I have a question and get in touch.

I install the WWAN card, install the antenna on the battery install, install the sim tray to install LTE.

The antenna and sim tray are trivial, but I know the WWAN card is very important.

When looking at YouTube's official disassembly video of HP Elite Book, the name of the WWAN card is l860-gl and the HP S/N is L27058-002.

But what I can get is it has the name of l860-gl, and the HP S/N is L27058-001.

Model: L860-GL
Intel XMM 7560 (Cat 16)
SA#:L27059-001
SPS#:L27188-001
HP S/N: [Personal Information Removed]

In conclusion, can this WWAN card be installed in my laptop? And are there any other caveats?

Thanks for reading the long article. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The Elitebook 455 G7 supports LTE cards... However, if you purchase a unit without the LTE card and want to add it later, you need to make sure the configuration of the laptop includes WWAN antennas on the display, and this is configurable... When you order with the correct panel option, the antennas will be placed ready to tap onto the LTE card that will fit its m.2 slot

the service manual for this model provides all the answers you should need for your effort... do make sure you obtain the correct LTE module for you country

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06611030

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.