Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 17t-by400 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

This laptop has not been a good one. It is constructed out of cheap plastic. It has been falling apart since early on. My warranty has expired but if this was a car it would be a recall. I have too large cracks where my hands sit to type. The screen started separating early on. I have duck tapped it to death. HP quality has gone down hill. I have bought HP for 20 years but now the quality is not there. I need help and hope HP will respond. I bought this one on HP.com

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Floydman 

please send pictures from your notebook to see details.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

KeyboardStress1 and KeyboardStress2 are from the pressure of typing on the keyboard. Both sides just started cracking. 

DuckTape1 and DuckTape2 are where the screen started separating. If I took it off it would literally fall apart. It started with a stress crack in the right upper corner and expanded from there.Duck Tape 1.jpegDuckTape2.jpegKeyboardStress1.jpegKeyboardStress2.jpeg

HP Recommended

Any ideas of what I can do or should do?

HP Recommended

Hello @Floydman 

Hard solution:

For cracks of the notebook case I would use gorilla super glue

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Super-Glue-Gram-Clear/dp/B00OAAUAX8

If you fall in love with the notebook, you could look on ebay to see if there are defective notebooks and then replace the notebook case completely. However, I do not know your technical skills.

Of course, the current problem is a quality defect because the plastic is much too thin for the notebooks. Unfortunately, the warranty has expired and HP will not help you in this case.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Not in love with it although I feel it is too new to buy another. i have chosen HP as my go to brand, this may be my last one. I get these popups that say last chance to extend your warranty. Would this help?

BTW... I did put the gorilla glue on it. It is a lumpy mess but so is the rest of the notebook. I am sure it will help.

'

I only use this for work. I am not a gamer so very disappointed.

HP Recommended

Hello @Floydman 

@Floydman wrote:

I get these popups that say last chance to extend your warranty. Would this help?

In short terms: No, but the 'HP Support assistant' software does not always tell the truth...

So please double check: What is the date of the invoice?

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.