Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 240 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All ,

I am facing the problem with my laptop as left hinge is opening hard, which resulted in Opening of Laptop body near left corner . i had registered the case with HP helpline , they deputed someone who has not even visited me and send a mail that my laptop part is not under warranty . when i had visited him he told me that he told that your laptop has an internal issue and we will rectify it and share the details with you then his mail communication sent to me was really disappointing . in the communication he was denying for services under warranty stating that its and customer induced damage, refer his exact wording of email" 

Dear Mr. Attri,

Thank you for contacting HP Customer Support. We value the opportunity to serve you.

My name is Jitender Khokher from Sysnet Global Technologies Pvt. Limited. This mail is regarding  HP support case ID 5072393397.

With reference to above case ID, we would like to inform you that during the process of investigation & diagnosis, our service representative found that the part (Top Cover) is Customer Induced damaged.

As per HP limited Warranty policy,  the standard warranty does not extend to any HP Hardware Product that has been damaged or rendered defective as a result of accident, misuse, liquid spills, abuse, contamination, or other external causes.

However, the replacement of part can be provided on a chargeable basis. We look forward to your confirmation to share the quotation." 

now when i am asking him for inspection and diagnostics report ,he is not responding . Our organisation every year purchases 100-200 laptops from HP , and if the local service center will disappoint like this then it will be very difficult for us to carry the business with HP further . Also we are paying for extended warranty services also .

It is expected that HP should come into picture and arrange for rectification of malfunctioned part soonest possible under warrenty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.