Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
MOUSE

Hi,

The Mouse USB Dongle is stopped working and I can't find the exact model and where I can get this kind of dongle that will pair to the mouse.

please advise + thanks.

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-03 at 11.56.14.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @EKROTO - Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

Going through your post, I understand that you lost the USB dongle for your wireless mouse is not working. I am afraid that this is not a replaceable part 😞

Both the mouse and USB receiver is hard coded to talk only to each other. This has been done because, when used in large groups, could confuse each other. Hence one HP mouse / keyboard will only talk to one USB receiver.

NB: Make sure the battery in your mouse is good. My wireless mouse stopped talking to the USB receiver when the battery was low.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @EKROTO - Hope you are well 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

Going through your post, I understand that you lost the USB dongle for your wireless mouse is not working. I am afraid that this is not a replaceable part 😞

Both the mouse and USB receiver is hard coded to talk only to each other. This has been done because, when used in large groups, could confuse each other. Hence one HP mouse / keyboard will only talk to one USB receiver.

NB: Make sure the battery in your mouse is good. My wireless mouse stopped talking to the USB receiver when the battery was low.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Thanks for your full details reply.
I rechecked the battery and it hopeless.
I already ordered a new one.
In the meantime I am using a wired one.
Best regards
HP Recommended

Hello, @EKROTO

Thanks for the update 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a HP X3500 G57 USB mouse. I bought it new. But i lost my USB dongle. How can i get a paired dongle with my mouse. thanks in advice.

regards;

Tunc

HP Recommended

My son has a keyboard, model kG-1061 (along with mouse that came with it) and my son can not find the USB receiver/dongle that went with it.  Can this part be purchased or is there a replacement that will work with his keyboard and mouse set? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.