Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello,
After the German-speaking HP forum was unfortunately canceled, I address my question to you.

I just noticed that the driver for the HotKeys is no longer available for my ProBook 450 G2 - at least on the German-language side. This is annoying, since HP actually wants to provide all drivers for 10 years. I was really surprised and disappointed.
With my notebook it happens regularly that I can adjust the volume but not the brightness of the screen using the FN keys. So far I have always reinstalled the driver for it - now I can no longer download it. Is the "HP Hotkey Support" still available for download? Why is HP no longer offering the driver for download?

Greetings from Rheine and stay healthy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SP91903 supports the ProBook 450 G2 and supports German.

The system ID (0x224A) for the ProBook 450 G2 is the same identifier as the ProBook 440 and 470.   I have notified the proper folks to get this corrected so the driver will then show up on the support pages for the 440 and 450 platforms.

Please consider using HP Image Assistant to look for drivers.  This tool uses the sysid information to show you all the available SoftPaqs for a platform.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

The tool was created to assist in the management of Commercial platforms.  It will help you keep your system current with the latest drivers and provide a method to easily download and install updates.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see it either.

This driver should work for you...

6.2.50.1    Sep 11, 2018

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91501-92000/sp91903.exe

HP Recommended

SP91903 supports the ProBook 450 G2 and supports German.

The system ID (0x224A) for the ProBook 450 G2 is the same identifier as the ProBook 440 and 470.   I have notified the proper folks to get this corrected so the driver will then show up on the support pages for the 440 and 450 platforms.

Please consider using HP Image Assistant to look for drivers.  This tool uses the sysid information to show you all the available SoftPaqs for a platform.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HPIA.html

The tool was created to assist in the management of Commercial platforms.  It will help you keep your system current with the latest drivers and provide a method to easily download and install updates.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended
Good morning, thank you both!
Basically, I don't need any additional tools to search for drivers, I always do this myself. Nevertheless, I started the Image Assistant once, here it should be said that it does not work for the Windows version 1909 (according to the tool). In the meantime, I had also found another driver whose size is only half the size of the one you linked. Only out of interest, what is the difference

?

Here is the link:

Alternative 

HP Recommended

I hope, Google Translator worked correctly. 😉

Regards,

Stefan

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you look at the bottom right side of the link you posted, those are old drivers for Vista and W7.

If you want to try the latest driver, then I recommend this one...

It's only 8.5 MB, if you feel that the size of the file is important.

7.0.14.0    May 28, 2019

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96721.exe

You stay healthy too!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the Link!

I just have to smile.....I never thought that i would get such competent help from the other side of the World. 😉 Ultimately, of course,  I don`t care aboute the file size, I just wondered why the file sizes are so different - purely out of curiosity. 🤗

I just downloaded the current driver.

Thumbs up for HP-Support in America! 😀

(I want to go to vacation to America at some point, but your President scares me a little. 😅

Schöne Grüße aus Deutschland und nochmal DANKE. 😉

Stefan

HP Recommended

Anytime, Stefan.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You should visit the USA no matter who our president is.

I'm pretty sure the president won't be greeting you when you arrive here.  😊

There are so many different things to see and do in America.

I live in Illinois, just outside of St. Louis, Missouri, and there is a very big German influence in this area.

Even towns nearby to me are named Germantown, and New Baden.

We have the country's largest brewery in St. Louis.  Founded by a German -- Adolphus Busch.

HP Recommended

That is a good question. 

The driver that I  suggested (SP91903) contains the latest tested version for the ProBook 400 G2 Series.  The file also contains everything that is needed to be installed.

SP96721 is a smaller package because it contains dependencies (HP Software Framework, HP Fusion, & HP Notifications) to be installed prior to installation.  If you install SP91903 you will not need to worry about any dependencies.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96721.html

PREREQUISITES:
- HP Software Framework must be installed and running before this package is
installed. Both CASL and Fusion are supported HP frameworks. This release
detects the presence of CASL or Fusion and functions accordingly.
- To download and install CASL, visit
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/softpaq/CASLSetup.exe.
- HSA Fusion for Commercial must be either installed by Windows Update or
preinstalled on the system.
- HP Notifications must be installed and running on the system before this
package is installed. HP Notifications is available as sp94636 or later under
Software - Solutions on the products software download page.

To keep from having issues with installation I would still suggest that you install SP91903 and also use HP Image Assistant to help you keep the system current.  The tool will offer the latest drivers for your system without forcing you to look for them on the support site.  HPIA is a very helpful tool that should make keeping your system current much easier.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your detailed problem solving. 
Ultimately, I don't have to go the way anymore, because the FN keys work properly again. So everything is fine.
The SP 96721 from Paul works perfectly on my notebook, I've tested it several times. But thanks again!
Otherwise ... I wouldn't want to be greeted by D.Trump. 😁
In Germany, people laugh a lot at the man - or you just shake their head. But of course I don't want to be
political. One day I'm going to visit the USA, that's a dream of mine. It would be a different world for me.
And slowly it's time for me ... I'm 44 years old and unfortunately I have a partner who is terrified of flying.
I will see....🤔 😂

Stefan
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.