Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f1000 (508S1AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The title of the post says it all. I need the Insert key but my keyboard doesn't have one. How do I 'insert' please ?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @BoJoTheClown,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Spectre has no Insert key. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

please share the image of the keyboard and please check the special keys

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi Gaya

Thank you for trying. I have attached a photo of my keyboard as you suggested. Where oh where is the InsertKeyboard.jpg key ?? 🙂

Malcolm

HP Recommended

@BoJoTheClown ,

Thank you for your reply,

Please Try these Key combinations ( Fn+e) or (Ctrl+Alt+i) for insert options

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hello there

Fn E just gives me an uppercase E

Are you clutching at straws. ? Do you have an HP Spectre ? This seems so fundamental

HP Recommended

@BoJoTheClown,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue ("No Insert Key on my new HP Spectre 360") and find from searching the Internet and HP forums many, many other people have this problem. My 14inch HP laptop for work does have one, but not all of these useless "special keys" that I will hardly ever need. 

Can someone please answer, and not, as one user commented, "Grasp at Straws:??

HP Recommended

Hello Gay

I am sorry but I can't give you a thumbs up. In more than a week we have not taken a single step forward. The question was simple. Where is the Insert key. You don't know. In the words of Bob Dylan

You could've done better but I don't mind
You just kind of wasted my precious time
But don't think twice, it's all right

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.