Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Touchpad is not working under Win 10 professional on HP 8440p

I switched to Win 10 because under Win 7 there were massive problems to establish a lan or wlan connection.

Now, with Win 10 that is working but the Touchpad is not working at all. The Trackpoint is working as the Touchpad keys are also.

Are there any drivers that could fix that problem ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You might try running the Win 7 Driver in Compatability Mode.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

tried that before, but it didnt help.

But after an automatic Update this night everything runns welll.

I love Windows  ;-(

Thanks for your response !

@thgrewe wrote:

Touchpad is not working under Win 10 professional on HP 8440p

I switched to Win 10 because under Win 7 there were massive problems to establish a lan or wlan connection.

Now, with Win 10 that is working but the Touchpad is not working at all. The Trackpoint is working as the Touchpad keys are also.

Are there any drivers that could fix that problem ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.