Level 2
4 2 1 5
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

No cpu load, no gpu load, but still getting very hot

HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got my HP ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation 3 days ago, updated Windows 10, and got everything up and running for work. But even though CPU load is < 3% and GPU load < 1%, The computer is getting very hot and the fans are running and making noise.

Tried reboot into BIOS, and left it there for 30 minutes without AC power. Battery got completely flat.

Do anyone know how this is possible?

EDIT 2020_02_24: Compared to my old HP EliteBook 8560w, this new HP ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation is so noisy. I cannot do anything without the fan running at semi-high rpm. Task manager in Windows 10 is saying that cpu+gpu load is low, but that doesn't matter.

Can anyone explain what this is: https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-2200ENW.pdf

It seems to be something running hidden from the OS. Is it consuming cpu-resources?

Is anyone else having this problem with this laptop?

I just find it very strange having a laptop designed for development that you cannot do any development on if not using noise-cancelling headphones at the same time.....

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation