Level 3
48 23 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Notebook display developed random pixels

HP Recommended
Zbook 15u G2
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am travelling, and after I started my notebook at my destination I see a random set of pixels of a dark bluish color in the lower right hand area of my display. This display of pixels is about one inch+ wide and one-half inch+ high. It is merely an annoyance on the Windows desktop, partly covering pieces of the display of the time. It seems like something in the hardware of the display has failed, perhaps because of some magnetic pull when passing through airport security,

The notebook is about 2 years old, so I do not know if I can do anything regarding a warranty. Has anyone else ever seen something like this on their notebook ? Is there any solution to cleaning up this problem so that the pixels no longer occur ? As I said it is merely an annoyance as it is affecting a pretty small area of the screen, but if I can fix it in any way I would like to do so.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation