Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook

Hi all,

Due to recent events I work a lot at home and I do this by RDP-ing from my PC to the laptop . And since I'm a developer I've changed the bios to set the fn key off by default (I need the F-x keys a lot)

I don't know if any of these things are related to the issue, but I include this information for a little context.

Now sometimes, all of a sudden, my numeric keys at the top row stop working Both in shifted and unshifted state. All other keys still work (haven't tested the F-keys). And when I get back to my laptop the same keys don't seem to work, so it's not my PC or physical keyboard.

So I don't know if the RDP causes some sort of 'magical' key (like the fn key) but this isn't fixed until I reboot the laptop.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

you have no details on the model you are asking about... also, if the laptop is up to date (HP Image Assistant can help to update BIOS and drivers, if it is a business laptop)

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

It the HP EliteBook 830 G6 Base Model Notebook PC with productnumber 4WE12AV, and it is a business laptop with 3 year on site support. According to the Support Assistant everything is up to date and I recently (6/24) installed a BIOS update. 

After that it still happened once, but It's not something that happens every day, so it's kinda hard to monitor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.