Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Every new ProBook 455 G10 Notebook (in 16GB and 32GB configs) we've recently received has an obvious problem with the webcam. (AMD Ryzen 7 7730U)

- Clean Win11 Enterprise 22H2 installs

- No 3rd party software installed, no manual driver installations.

- Clean boot Win11/install, all drivers provided by Win11/WU automatically, no domain join, no policies.

- Retail Win11/Enterprise Install, nothing special, specific or imaging etc.

When launching the Win11 "Camera" app, a solid 7-8 second blank stall occurs until the camera actually turns on. Then once camera comes on screen, for an additional 1-2 seconds, video hard stalls on initial opening frame. These issues also occur when activating camera from Teams.

- It's certain that i will begin having users report to me their webcams aren't working and or i will have to start specifically instructing users to wait 7-8 seconds until the camera actually activates. 

In Device Manager / Cameras / HP HD Camera / Manufacturer: LUXVISIONS / Driver / Driver Provider: SunPlusIT / Driver Date: 6/23/2023 5.0.8.61 / Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

After appropriately visiting the HP drivers website, entering laptop SKU for download, identifying what appears to be the only relevant driver, "HP Universal Camera Driver" / Version: 2023.0.22000.4 Rev.A / Date: Jul 17, 2023 / sp148309.exe

Installing sp148309.exe makes no difference and does not change driver version (seen above) in Device Manager.

Utilizing "Update Driver" for the "HP HD Camera" from Device Manager, specifying "Browse my computer for driver" and specifying C:\SWSetup or C:\SWSetup\SP148309 results in "The best drivers for your device are already installed" 

Additionally, attempting to "Search for updated drivers on Windows Update" finds nothing to install.

Edit: Removing "HP HD Camera" from Device Manager, re-booting, and letting Windows automatically re-install "HP HD Camera" does not make any difference, including after SP148309.exe install. No difference or driver version change.

I'm currently in possession of 6 ProBook 455 G10 Notebooks exhibiting this behavior, with an additional 7th where i'd also confirmed the issue before sending out. Every 16/32GB laptop we purchased has this problem so far.

Edit: I have 8 more ProBook 455 G10 Notebooks in 16/32 configs that i haven't unboxed yet.

Edit: Each ProBook has been updated to System BIOS V78 Ver. 01.05.00 01/18/2024. Each BIOS was updated from "Update System BIOS" within the BIOS itself, not a download/install from within Windows, prior to Win11 install, with maybe one exception.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello.

If you still have a unboxed machines around, check with the HP factory installed Windows before re-imagining/re-installing. Try also with e.g. Teams/Zoom client to see that the problem is not actually with the Windows camera app. Make sure to update the camera app too (via Microsoft Store).

If the camera still has this sort of delay, open a case with HP. If however the camera works fine, you'll then just have to look out for the differences between HP OS image and the stock Windows installation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.