Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 640 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have  an HP Probook 640 G2 at my new job. Ordered acer high res monitors and a the HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking station with 2 Display ports.  The montors do not display when my laptop is docked. 

Is there a workaround? I cannot seem to easily identify the correct docking station for my laptop and the new version of the docking station flat out does NOT WORK with this laptop.

I have an old version of the docking station from home with a VGA and one DP that oddly seems to work fine but, as I said, I do have high res monitors so this is wasting the resolution on one of them.

IT came by to help. Tried to install software updates. They did not work. They shrugged their shoulders and left.

Is the Ultraslim docking station the right one? Is there a better model to select?

Thank you,

Sandy

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Sandy_Samiam

The following docking stations are compatible with the HP Probook 640 G2 and 650 G2 machines

• HP 3001pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator F3S42AA
  • HP 3005pr USB 3.0 Port Replicator H1L08AA#xxx
  • HP Display and Notebook Stand II E8G00AA#xxx
  • Universal Port Replicator E6D70AA#xxx
  • HP UltraSlim Docking Station D9Y32AA#xxx

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Thank you!!

Question- I ordered the last one on the list, but it did not work. Does that mean it’s defective?

Sandy
HP Recommended

I am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED.  I have tried three separate docking stations from this list with my HP 640 G2 laptop and NONE OF THEM WORK.

I have ACER B246WL LED monitors which do not have capability for low resolution hookups and an HP ProBook 640 G2 laptop.

First docking station:

The 2013 slimline docking station with 2 DP ports did not display anything. 

Second docking station:

The 2013 slimline docking station with 1 DP port and one VGA port just makes my DP connected monitor flicker on and off and the high res to VGA connection does not work AT ALL.

Third docking station:

3001 USB 3.0 Port Replicator only has one high resolution input which is completely USELESS.  I can do that WITHOUT a docking station. 

I had my IT come over to help troubleshoot and they GAVE UP. 

Come on, you guys, are you serious?  Is there a high resolution compatible docking station with TWO PORTS?

HP Recommended

Has anyone found any further information on this topic yet? I just received a ProBook 640 with the slimline doc at work and desperately want dual monitors (not including laptop monitor) and am having a heck of a time!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

From HP Ultraslim Product listing at:  http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=5422417

HP Probook 640 G2 is not listed.  Here is the listing of compatible computers:

HP ProBook 650 G2 Notebook PC; HP ProBook 650 G3 Notebook PC; HP Elitebook 820 G1 Notebook PC; HP Elitebook 840 G1 Notebook PC; HP Elitebook 850 G1 Notebook PC; HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Notebook PC; HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 Notebook PC; HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G1 Tablet; HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G2 Tablet; HP ZBook 14 Mobile Workstation

I'm looking into the potential for a firmware upgrade on the HP Probook 640 G2.  Hopefully that will address the compatiblity issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.