Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 430 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am encountering an issue where when using a USB-C adapter on my ProBook 430 G7 power doesn't come through the adapter. I have tested the Adapter with the same charger and screen on another laptop and it works as expected, with both picture and charging working simultaneously.

The ProBook 430 G7 is still capable of displaying an image on a monitor, but wont charge with an HP 65W USB-C power adapter connected. The laptop does charge once the power adapter is plugged directly into the computer.

I've seen another person having the exact same issue, but that problem didn't have an answer...

Any responses will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

your description of how to power adapter and monitor are connected to Probook 430 G7 is not clear.

IF you want to use only one USB-C cable from notebook to display , for both video signal and pwer to notebook, the display it-self must be able to provide at least 60W on the USB-port.

if this is what you are doing , which monitor do you have ? is the USB-C port of the monitor able to provide at least 60W ?

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.