cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McClaud
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Password has been set by itself and Bit Locker set without me.

HP Recommended
Probook 650 G4

I have a Probook 650 g4, I have set a local account with no password and used it for months like that. One day it asked for a password, out of the blue. I have tried all, no luck. I assumed one of my colleagues has made a joke. Since no one has raised the hand, I wanted to reset the PC. I cannot do this because it asks for a bitlocker pass that I never set. Cannot recover it as the account was local and has nothing to do with the Microsoft account.

Bitlocker prevents me from writing anything on C drive

2 REPLIES 2
RuskinF
Level 2
14 12 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try recovering the Windows system using the HP recovery drive. You'll have to shell out a few bucks for it.

Or you could try making a recovery drive on another system using the HP recovery application.

You just need to keep the Product ID and the serial number of your device handy.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

0 Kudos
McClaud
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for tha hint @RuskinF. I have tried Recovery app, created USB for it but get stuck on the same point: Windows cannot be installed on the drive because of Bitlocker.

Any other options for this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation