Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-09-2020 08:35 AM
Hello to everyone,
I got a HP elitebook 8540w.
I want to activate Intel Virtualization Technology (VTs) HP elitebook 8760w.
I do not know how to do as there is no option in bios !
I would appreciate if you could help me.
Thanks in advance.
02-23-2020 05:13 AM - edited 02-23-2020 05:18 AM
The Intel Virtualization Technology (VTs) is a CPU feature, which might be not supported by your CPU. To find out if the CPU support that, download the Virtualization Technology Detection Tool from here. Then open the CPU technologies section and if there is a checkmark in front of the Intel Virtualization Technology (VTs) its supported.
Additional you can check the intel website if your CPU is supporting that. But for that we need to know which CPU is installed in the HP elitebook 8540w as it often offered various system board with different CPUs.
According to the HP Quickspec of 8540W it supports:
- Intel Core i7-840QM Processor (1.86 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache)
- Intel Core i7-820QM Processor (1.73 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache)
- Intel Core i7-740QM Processor (1.73 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache)
- Intel Core i7-720QM Processor (1.60 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache)
- Intel Core i7-640M Processor (2.80 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache)
- Intel Core i7-620M Processor (2.66 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache)
- Intel Core i5-580M Processor (2.66 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache)
- Intel Core i5-560M Processor (2.66 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache)
- Intel Core i5-540M Processor (2.53 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache
- Intel Core i5-520M Processor (2.4 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache)
If you for example have a board with an i7-840QM, the intel website here would say:
The bios from your device is up to date?
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community