landon33071
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Power Throttling Not Disabling ?

HP Recommended
Pavilion Beats 15-P099NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Beats 15-P099NR I have done everything threw power management and the reg-edit to turn off the power throttling but nothing seems to work any idea how to get this done ASAP please been having this same problems sent last year currently have Windows 10 build 1906 preview build but I had the same problem on past windows 10 edition.

1 REPLY 1
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 666
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@landon33071

Welcome to the HP Community

If you're running Windows 10 Pro, it's possible to disable Power Throttling using the Group Policy Editor.

1. Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
  2. Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
  3. Browse the following path:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Power Throttling Settings

4. Double-click the Turn off Power Throttling policy.

5. Select the Enabled option.

6. Click Apply.
  7. Click OK.

Once you've completed the steps, Windows 10 will no longer limit power usage on any application, regardless of which power mode you're using on your device.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation