cancel
MikellB Tutor
Tutor
7 3 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power consumption for UPS capacity estimation for an Elitebook 2570P, i7, w/ 16GB RAM and 250 GB SSD

Elitebook 2570P with i7 and 16GB RAM and 250GB SSD
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need a really good UPS because of frequent power outages in Houston area during storms. Ideally I want to power my Elitebook,  my Netgear cable modem (XFINITY-Comcast) and my Linksys WiFi router to continue operations for at least 30 minutes (typical outage period). 

Any suggestions on power consumption requirements or real-world UPS experience with hardware model recommendations? 

Thanks,

Mike

1 REPLY 1
Professor
Professor
2,049 1,789 164 316
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Power consumption for UPS capacity estimation for an Elitebook 2570P, i7, w/ 16GB RAM and 250 GB SSD

Question is how long a run time are you looking for. Personally the only two brands that I would consider based on experience and quality of support would be APC or Eaton. APS has a great sizing app on their website that allows you to input your equipment, tell it how long you want to run and it will provide options for models that wil meet your needs.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation