Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Received my first batch of Probook 650 G4s and was trying to push my image to them using MDT. They can download the litetouch image, but when they try to boot it I receive the error... A connection to the deployment share could not be made. The follwoing network device did not have the driver installed. PCS\Ven_8086&Dev_15BB....

No problem, I download the latest driver off of HP's site upload into MDT, update the deployment share, update the boot images in WDS and even add the driver to WDS for good measure. reboot the laptop but get the same result. I look a little closer at the driver and see its the same driver used by the Probook 650 G2s which will boot the litetouch image and will succesfully install my image. I tried downloading the latest drivers from Intel's site, and even threw every Intel NIC driver in the Intel installer package into WDS and MDT (again updating the deployment share and update the boot image in WDS), but same result. After searching around a bit I ran into an article where someone ran into the same problem on a Probook 640 G3 (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=General&message.id=144882#M144882) I tried their work around and it also worked for me. Would someone be able to suggest a permanent fix? I also tried updating the BIOS to the lastest (Q83).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found my problem. Somewhere along the way I had selected PXEx64 for the selection profile under the x64 platform for WinPE property tab. I put it back to All Drivers and after updating the deployment share andd WDS boot images. the problem was resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

I understand you find the solution and the right driver.

I had similar issue several year ago.

One was trying to install Windows 10 64bit using a WinPE version (the boot.wim file of lighttouch image) 32bit based on Windows 7.

So first question for you . when you litetouch on 650 G4 and you got the network card error, opening a CMD prompt Windows ,  executing the command ver , which is the reply ?

if you type the command : echo %processor_architecture ,  which is teh replay AMD64 or x86 ?

once you know WinPE version and architecture it shoulb be ease to find the driver and use , in WinPE drvload to test if it load or not. Usually in few minutes you should be able to find the right driver.

This is the way I solved the issue, like you did.

bye

HP Recommended

hmmm. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are telling me. PE version is 10.0.17134.1 with architecture amd_64. I downloaded the latest HP Client Windows PE 10 x64 Driver Pack, importing all the intel drivers into MDT, updated the deploymentshare, and pointed WDS at the new boot image but got the same results.

HP Recommended

Found my problem. Somewhere along the way I had selected PXEx64 for the selection profile under the x64 platform for WinPE property tab. I put it back to All Drivers and after updating the deployment share andd WDS boot images. the problem was resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.