Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Just tried the settings in pci express settings, but it didnt work on my pc.

HP Recommended

I wonder if anyone tried what I suggested in message #62, to disable the power management in Device manager for the network adapters and the Bluetooth adapter?

Can't test it myself as I don't have a ProBook 450.

I would even try uninstalling devices one by one to try and find in which driver the problem might be hiding.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

@JanvdBwrote:

Just tried the settings in pci express settings, but it didnt work on my pc.

have you used process explorer to find which files are used by the system process?

on my probook it was acpi.sys

I searched google on high cpu usage acpi.sys and found the tip to disable energy management for pci-e and fortunately it worked. (after reboot)

I don't know if it's the same file on your probook. download systinternals process explorer to find all the files in system svc causing the hig cpu usage.

HP Recommended

Hello Everbody,

After few weeks of "experimentation" I removed HP Flow from the system and in the last few days everything looks fine, no any unusually high CPU usage by "System" or "Flow" or any other programs.

Delete or Rename the following folder to try if it works for you or not:

c:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Flow\

I hope it will permanently solve this annoying issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your variant of solution.

Just tried renaming 

c:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Flow. Rebooted, forced system go to sleep and on wake up once again system process consumes 100% cpu.

At this moment the only working solution is to rescan hw for changes (or change notebook vendor).

HP Recommended

Hello "Lafcadio"

One more thing I forget to tell in my previous comment:

1. I removed the original HP Conexant driver then opened the Windows "Device manager" and pressed " Refresh driver" by right clicking to the "Conexant  ISST audio "device. The system downloaded and installed the latest driver from Microsoft, not from HP.

The problem still exists after I installed the MIcrosoft driver, but at this time the high CPU usage is not by the "system" but the "Flow" app and some other apps like Firefox. I killed "Flow" a few times and it solved the issue, so

2. I renamed the Flow folder. (c:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Flow)

My PC works fine at the last few days (maybe a week). I don't use the sleep mode, I always Hybernate or Turn Off my PC.

I hope you can also solve the issue.

HP Recommended

Yeah, on top of problems with high cpu usage after sleep mode, I had problems with flow.exe as well. Every time Firefox ran, flow.exe hogged around 25% of CPU

HP Recommended

Renaming the Flow folder will solve the flow.exe issue.

Using Hibernation instead of Sleep maybe solve this issue too.

HP Recommended

In my opinion, there are two issues (both related to faulty Conexant drivers).

Issue No. 1: Flow.exe (Conexant/HP crapware) is consuming too much CPU (when you start Firefox or when you plug headphones etc.). (Luckily) this can be solved easily because flow.exe is just some kind of audio control panel (yeah like we need an extra app written in .net to control audio volume): just download Autoruns from Sysinternals (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns), run it as an administrator, search for >Conexant< and disable cxaudiosvc.exe, cxutils.exe and finally uiusrv.exe (here is screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/ZEuMmJn.png). Flow.exe never starts and you still have working audio.

Issue No. 2: This one is bad and has nothing to do with flow.exe. When you wake up the laptop from a sleep mode, the process named System in the thread ACPI.sys consumes 15-20 % of CPU. This has something to do with a power management but I still can't find the source of the problem. Other people in this thread posted some solutions but they also mention that they are not using sleep mode - when you cold-start or restart your laptop you're fine, the problem only occurs after resuming from a sleep mode.

HP Recommended

There's described similar problem with some ASUS.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/cpu-usage-by-system-a...

Finally it has been solved by some switch. Does anybody know, if there's something similar under service door where customer can add disk without warranty lost?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.