Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

A new problem has evidently arisen.

Some days ago the HP Support assistant recommened a BIOS Update from version 01.02.07 to version 01.03.00

I then tried to execute this update but in vain:  Trying to update the Bios resulted in executing the selfsame Update 01.02.07 again and again!

I then managed to get version 01.03.00 on the machine by  downloading onto an USB-stick an updating from the stick.

But checking the BIOS afterwards from within BIOS resulted in urgent recommendation to performe a rollback.

Doing this this BIOS was not only set back to version 01.02.07 but to 01.02.04!

I noticed besides that hibernation mode did not work with version 01.03.00 - but I am not sure wether this was/is due to the BIOS Update. This system now goes to some sort of sleep (which it did not with BIOS 01.03.00 installed. But I doubt whether it it is the hibernation mode - or just the sleep mode, which I hate and don't want.

Has someelse problems with BIOS respectively hibernation mode on a HP Probook G450 G5?

I really get mad!!!!

HP Recommended

If I run powercfg -energy I get this information:

PCI Express-ASPM (Active-State Power Management) wurde aufgrund einer bekannten Inkompatibilität mit der Computerhardware deaktiviert.

i.e.

PCI Express-ASPM (Active-State Power Management) hay been disabled due to a know incompatability with the computer hardware.  But **bleep**! It DID work untill yesterday! And I haven't changed anything at the hardware in the last weeks!!! *ARGL! I really get angry with this **bleep**ty windows things...

HP Recommended

Hi all, I see theme is goes down from a lot of time, just to share my experience - Problem for me caused by HDD Caddy for second disk. I read a lot of info and found that my caddy has dual switch - on postion 1 ACPI.SYS 28-30% CPU usage on position 2 - no problem at all. ProBook 450g4 here.

B0870081957

HP Recommended

The problem has returned with the new update. Perhaps HP itself prevents it form being installed. It says some **bleep** like "this computer may be protected by Microsoft Bitlocker Encryption...blablabbal. MBE has to be deactivated before blablabla... Proceed...

This is a classic example of **bleep**ty programming. Neither do I get an information if the Update Routine all the same tries tu update to the new BIOS after me conforming the Blablabla nor do I really know what to do... I am an experienced user and of course I know what MBE is - but it IS already deactivated. Not only not in use but really deactviated. What more than to deactivate MBE am I supposed to do? Really anoying all this...

HP Recommended

I found out how to solve the problem. The problem ist HP itselv or extremely bad programming as I see it.

You have to ACTIVATE bitlocker first and then to "SUSPEND protection" of bitlocker within controls ("Schutz anhalten" in der Systemsteuerung in german) and NOT turn bitlocker off. Afterwards the BIOS Update runs without problems. But be carefull:

If you activate botlocker be sure to PRINT out the bitlocker keys first! For if anythings goes wrong you wont get into your OS again. You should preferrably ALSO make an image of the whole disk.

I cannot say how annoyed I am about this sh*tty programming by HP. It cost me about a half of a day to find this solution. And to be honest: this "solution" is not a solution but a botch, a Mickey Mouse job. Why does HP force their customer to activate bitlocker before they can update the BIOS???!!! And why for gods sake cant they give any clear explanation about that fact: Be sure that bitlocker boot is set to "secureboot" AND Bitlocker IS ACTIVATED (i.e. your system encrypted by bitlocker) AND Bitlocker is set to "protection suspended" within controls instead of this gossip message "Your computer MAY BE encrypted by bitlocker... blablabla".... What a sh*t!!!!! Besides it is extremely annyoing to be obliged to use bitlocker and to encrypt and after sucessful BIOS update again decrypt the drive if it is drive and each encryption and decryption costs about 4% of SSD livetime!!!

HP Recommended

Besides I still have the problem that windows on my HP Probook 450 G5 wont update to version 1809. Windows has already tried to do the update a four times (!) - always in vain. It always started backrolling in the midst of the update. ...!!!! Argl!!! The hardware itself is okay. But I have never had so many "issues" with the system than with this HP!!!!

HP Recommended

Dude, i love you

After two years of much research, FINALLY a solution

now my CPU 0 is working normal and not  100% full time anymore

I did not even notice this switch when I went to install the Caddy, and when I saw your post, I even went on the Internet to search and there was no one else talking about it, I think you're one of the few people on earth who knew this secret

I do not have words to thank you.
Simply, Thank you, Thank you very much!!

HP Recommended

Respect, Dude, and thanks!

It was my problem. And no more solutions in whole Internet.

HP Recommended

Men, you are the best!!! Hours and hours looking for a solution. The caddy was the problem!!! My caddy is not same model as yours but had a switch too. Change position and... Problem solved!!! Thanks a lot!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.