cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Barkmann
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

ProBook 470 G5 - USB-C supported devices

HP Recommended
ProBook 470 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I would like to buy a ProBook 470 G5, but I wasn' find any info about the details of the notebook's USB-C port.

I have a third party (DELL) USB-C dock with external power supply. All of my devices (monitor, keyboard, mouse, power supply) are connected to the dock and I only want to connect one cable (the USB-C) to the ProBook.

Is it possible to charge this model by a third party USB-C dock or works only with original HP devices?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JK80
Level 3
20 16 1 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP ProBook 450 G5, which is build on the same platform. Except the USB C Dockingstation G3, I own a third party travel dock with Power Delivery. This hub charges this model without problems.

The datasheet says, that the USB C Port supports Displayport and charging.

So, I would expect, that every USB C Dock, with Power Delivery would charge the ProBook 470 G5, too. As long as the dock provides the required voltage, which I expect is 20V or 15V (like the 450 G5).

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,977 1,695 396 1,087
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Third party docks should work. 

You may receive a message like this, "HP recommends using an original power adapter from HP," but this can be ignored.

Regards,

kem579

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation