Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook x360 435 G7 Notebook PC IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

since Windows 11 22H2 upgrade, my ProBook x369 435 G7 Standby is not working. It goes to sleep, and immediately wakes up. After that, WiFi (Intel ax200) disappears from Device Manager. Reboot does not change this, only solution is to shut down the Notebook, then boot up again.

Hibernation works, but after that the WiFi is also disappeared from Device Manager, only an unrecognised USB device with  yellow exclamation mark in there. Until Shutdown / reboot.

So currently unusable for me as a Notenbook I close, take with me and continue work with.

What has been tried already:

• Delete all WiFi Drivers and try with
    • the last Microsoft One
    • Intel 22.150.03
    • Intel 22.170.03
  • Install all available updates & drivers from Windows Update
  • Install all available updates & drivers from HP Support assisant, incl latest 1.10 BIOS (that actually only comes via Windows Update)

Nothing helps, as said, pretty annoying with no connectivity after sleep / hibernate.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I found a workaround, that has either Sleep or Hibernate working. It turned out it the Intel ax200 really IS the issue. Though not the WiFi module, but the Bluetooth Module. So the solution is to download BOTH drivers Version 22.170.0x from the intel Website: 

Then two possible solutions:

• You want S3 / Sleep Mode working? Just make sure you have the latest drivers installed (Blutooth AND WiFi as decribed above) and turn off Hibernate mode, as this leaves you with a non-working Bluetooth device after the ~2nd Hibernate attempt.
  • You want S5 / Hibernate Mode working? Again, make sure you have the latest drivers installed (Blutooth AND WiFi as decribed above). Then go to Device Manager, right click on both Bluetooth and WiFi Modules, and under "Energy Management" turn off / uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". This again means S3 is not working (immediately wakes up again), but imho S3 still sucks too much battery power anyway, so Hibernate better.

Hope this helps other annoyed customers.

Really bad experience. I mean, we have both Windows Update and HP Support Assistant, and both do not offer the latest Intel Bluetooth Software for ax200, which is critical for a Business Notebook to work as expected?

HP Recommended

Update: the above solution did work better, but not fully stable

• S3 / Sleep did work initially, but soon after, device woke up immediately again after Sleep
  • S5 / Hibernate did work mostly, but once threw a bluescreen on "Driver Power Save State"

There seems to be an improvement now, namely new Intel Driver  22.180.0x  

With this, I tested going to S3 / Sleep and S5 / HIbernate a few times in a row, everything worked fine. Also ""Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" was enabled, so everything works as expected for now. If you don´t hear back, consider it finally solved hopefully.

Update: S3 / Sleep does NOT work with a USB dock attached, wakes up immediately. This did work on Win11 21H2.

HP Recommended

Update: that did not fix it. Still waking up from S3, and WiFi / Bluetooth often gone after S5.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.