Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 650G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, new on here, but having problems locating the NBDMIFIT tool to brand a system board, any help greatfully appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When you are at the "diagnostic resources and tools" tab, look for the paragraph labeled "Reference Documents and Utilities", towards the end of the page.

You will find a link for DMI: "**New** HP mobility Support Utilities (Windows) (DMI Serial # Tools)

When you click on it, it will take you to the DMI tools section. There you can find Documentation, ZIP files to download, ISO Files, Additional Resources, etc.

The newest DMI tool version is 2.10. Please read the Important Information Regarding version 2.10.

I am an HP Employee

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello 

NBDMIFIT Tool is an HP proprietary Tool and it’s not available to download in common

If you’re an ASP than we can help you download the Tool if not then you need to contact HP Authorized service provider 

To locate an HP ASP please use the below link.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/store-finder/find.do?bs=SR4&type=authorized

Regards

Nav.

I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Nav

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****
HP Recommended

Hi Nav

Thanks for your reply, I am with an HP ASP but unable to locate the tool to download the latest version, currenlty using  NBDMIFIT v 2.09, but getting error message  for iden.exe and HPBQ193 that this version is not compatibel with version of windows you're running (using Win7 64 bit Enterprise)... any ideas????

HP Recommended

I have seen most of us struggle to help ASP find DIMIFIT on CSN,

Please check the below steps to locate DIMIFIT Tool on CSN.

Channel Services Network link :       

https://h30125.www3.hp.com/hpcsn/?hpp

Login CSN Home Page >> Select Technical information on Left and Click on Service Delivery

CSN1.jpg

Select >> Support tools & Information under Technical support.

CSN2.jpg

Under Support tools & Information tab >> Select Diagnostic resources and tools tab.

CSN3.jpg

Look for >> DMI Serial # Tools Link and click on it

CSN4.jpg

Under >> DMI Serial # Tools Link you will find Branding Tools.

CSN5.jpg

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Nav

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****
HP Recommended

HI, thanks but I can only get as far as the Diagnostic Resources & tools tab, I'm unable to locate anything that resembles DMI tools etc... am I missing something or just being thick!!!???

HP Recommended

When you are at the "diagnostic resources and tools" tab, look for the paragraph labeled "Reference Documents and Utilities", towards the end of the page.

You will find a link for DMI: "**New** HP mobility Support Utilities (Windows) (DMI Serial # Tools)

When you click on it, it will take you to the DMI tools section. There you can find Documentation, ZIP files to download, ISO Files, Additional Resources, etc.

The newest DMI tool version is 2.10. Please read the Important Information Regarding version 2.10.

I am an HP Employee

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

Eventually got there and thanks for that.. :generic:

HP Recommended

hi kindly assist i am not able to login to https://h30125.www3.hp.com/hpcsn/?hpp i get the following error:

Channel Service Network

Your HPID user ID is valid, but there are no GCSN user credentials linked to this ID. For help, please contact GCSN Business Support Organization.

Please click here to logout of the GCSN application, then login again.
thankyou

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.