Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 430 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Our company moved to HP Probook 430 G5 laptops. Recently acquired EliteDisplay 243D monitors (i.e. with integrated USB-C dock), each daisy chained with DP cable to a 'normal' E243 monitor. 

Some issues:

- Laptops don't charge via USB-C, even though screen can charge up to 65W and laptop charger itself is 45W

- At start of the day, both screens work. During the day, one goes black. Then in Windows settings when we re-enable the second display, screen resolution on both is limited to 1280x800. One screen works OK. 

Updated laptop to latest firmware and drivers, to no avail. HP Support Assistant does not 'recognize' the monitor/dock, so not sure how I can update its firmware.

Any ideas? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem on a 440 G5. However when I plug in a 440 G6 the issue seems to go away?. 

I have reported it to HP and they say they are going to replace the motherboard,which seems a bit excessive? 

HP Recommended

I have managed to resolve this issue. 

All I did was clear C:\Windows\Prefetch.

I hope this works for you as well. 

HP Recommended

We've had the same issues with the exact same models aswell, and done some internal testing.
Seems like the issue is with the HP ProBook 430 G5 laptops that runs windows 10 (1809), after a windows update to (1903) it all works fine.

Check drivers for the integrated GPU if they are correct, and working properly. If that doesn't solve the issue, check the Windows 10 version if you are running 1809.

HP Recommended

i have a similar issue with an elitebook 755 G5 Ryzen 7 W10 1709

• When the second monitor is a HP 243: second monitor loses input every couple of seconds and charging often doesnt work
  • with a dell monitor daisy-chained to e243d: second monitor flashes once on connect, works without issue later on. Charging does not work.
  • without second monitor: no issues
  • connected to USB-C G4 dock with two monitors: no issues

update: I upgraded to windows 10 1809 but the issue remains

HP Recommended

HP support suggested me to force the E243D to use displaylink instead of usb-c video and disable auto-switch input.

This solves the problem indeed but displaylink is slower and suffers from a small input lag. The performance hit is clearly visible using a 3d benchmark application.

The funny thing is that a Dell displayport monitor daisychained to the E243D works just fine over usb-c video.

HP Recommended

We use Acer chromebook and regularly the network crashes via the docking

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.