1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probook 430 G5 icw E243D display problems

Probook 430 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Our company moved to HP Probook 430 G5 laptops. Recently acquired EliteDisplay 243D monitors (i.e. with integrated USB-C dock), each daisy chained with DP cable to a 'normal' E243 monitor. 

Some issues:

- Laptops don't charge via USB-C, even though screen can charge up to 65W and laptop charger itself is 45W

- At start of the day, both screens work. During the day, one goes black. Then in Windows settings when we re-enable the second display, screen resolution on both is limited to 1280x800. One screen works OK. 

Updated laptop to latest firmware and drivers, to no avail. HP Support Assistant does not 'recognize' the monitor/dock, so not sure how I can update its firmware.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JoeBell585 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem on a 440 G5. However when I plug in a 440 G6 the issue seems to go away?. 

I have reported it to HP and they say they are going to replace the motherboard,which seems a bit excessive? 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
JoeBell585 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have managed to resolve this issue. 

All I did was clear C:\Windows\Prefetch.

I hope this works for you as well. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation