Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently my Probook G8 (purchased Oct 2021) stopped recognising me at sign-in. It appeared to be an intermittent fault at first. But then I found that the camera also sometimes didn't work with Zoom or other calls. 

I cannot follow technical conversations, so any help needs to be very clear. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

(1) take a look at the bios settings (ESC/F1 F10 on startup) if the webcam device is enabled.

(2) After loading windows operating system, check the device manager for any webcam related entries and uninstall them, reboot your system. 

(3) Go to HP Partsurfer:

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/

Enter your serial there to see what webcam model is possibly installed.

(4) Check HP Support Site for Driver and Software and choose the right webcam driver for the right operating system you're using.

(5) Install the required driver and reboot your system

(6) Check windows device manager and windows settings of webcam and test it...

(7) If you are not lucky 😞 the webcam could be damaged/defective or the electronic wiring and connections of the webcam to the mainbard are not correct/broken/have come loose ... please check additionally

(8) No luck ? Contact HP Support directly ...

best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.