Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-19-2022 03:48 PM
Recently my Probook G8 (purchased Oct 2021) stopped recognising me at sign-in. It appeared to be an intermittent fault at first. But then I found that the camera also sometimes didn't work with Zoom or other calls.
I cannot follow technical conversations, so any help needs to be very clear. Thanks
04-20-2022 03:33 PM
(1) take a look at the bios settings (ESC/F1 F10 on startup) if the webcam device is enabled.
(2) After loading windows operating system, check the device manager for any webcam related entries and uninstall them, reboot your system.
(3) Go to HP Partsurfer:
Enter your serial there to see what webcam model is possibly installed.
(4) Check HP Support Site for Driver and Software and choose the right webcam driver for the right operating system you're using.
(5) Install the required driver and reboot your system
(6) Check windows device manager and windows settings of webcam and test it...
(7) If you are not lucky 😞 the webcam could be damaged/defective or the electronic wiring and connections of the webcam to the mainbard are not correct/broken/have come loose ... please check additionally
(8) No luck ? Contact HP Support directly ...
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community