Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Proobook 430 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Proobook 430 G6 doesn't detect HP Elite USB-C Dock G4 (HSTNH-U601) is it compatible device?

When I connected via usb-c Proobook charges and that's all. Need help and thanks.

1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

HP Elite USB-C Dock G4 is fully compatible with 430 G6.

WHen you connect o the 430 G6, you need to use the 90W power supply provided with the docking.

The USB-C cable included in the box must be connected to the USB-C port available on the short side of the Dock.

If you connect the USB-C cable in the other USB-C connector , Dock will not work.

if you connect USB keyboard, mouse and a display to the Dock G4, they should work without adding any driver.

The only driver you may need , if I'm not wrong, in audio and LAN in case you want to use WakeOnLan feature.

I hope this help.

Bye

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

HP Elite USB-C Dock G4 is fully compatible with 430 G6.

WHen you connect o the 430 G6, you need to use the 90W power supply provided with the docking.

The USB-C cable included in the box must be connected to the USB-C port available on the short side of the Dock.

If you connect the USB-C cable in the other USB-C connector , Dock will not work.

if you connect USB keyboard, mouse and a display to the Dock G4, they should work without adding any driver.

The only driver you may need , if I'm not wrong, in audio and LAN in case you want to use WakeOnLan feature.

I hope this help.

Bye

HP Recommended

Many thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.