Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP8570W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hallo, since a few day i am a owner from a HP8570W refurbishd EliteBook. This System was clear from any software and drivers. So i install Win7 64 and all the drivers from the HP Downloadcenter for this book. Just now i want install the protect tools, but i does not found the files. Can i use another file or anything other tool for use the fingerprint sensor ?

Thanks for answer

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes you can try the HP Client Security Manager software, which superceded the HP Protect Tools software...

HP Client Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP Client Security plugins, and therefore, should be installed before other Client Security modules. This package is provided for supported computer models that are running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65637.exe

But if you meant that you can't find the ProtectTools software, you can get it at the link below...

HP ProtectTools Security Manager provides enhanced Windows login and website single-sign-on capabilities. Security Manager is also the host for HP ProtectTools plugins, and therefore should be installed before other ProtectTools modules. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59257.exe

HP Recommended

Hello @Watersports 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

A great choice of a computer you have made - Elitebooks are my favourite.

Protect Tools is the previous version of the newer Client Security.

and select Windows / Windows 7 x64

Concentrate on the Security section (download/run the needed apps) and also on the Validity sensor fingerprint driver

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
A quick look at the features of the HP Client Security Manager software application. With features like fingerprint reader, RSAsecurID, PIN authentication, smart cards and drive encryption. If you wish to purchase or need support for this sucurity application, please contact us at ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.