Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Major problems with HP Client Security Manager:

1) The whole package is not always needed. In my organization we only need the on-boot password protection, but installing everything else slows things down and launches a load of notifications

2) Major trouble: Notifications come enabled as default. This is horrible as all users are getting 20 messages a day and there's no way to stop them from mgmt standpoint (as in, not manually)

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

did you try using the latest version of the CLient Security Manager? HP CSM has a new look and allows you to skip things you are not interested in configuring for a user... Also, if the company uses Microsoft System Center Config Manager, HP's Manageability Integration Kit (a Microsoft certified addon for MS SCCM) allows you to centrally manage the behavior of HP CSM on managed business PCs

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I can't skip something for a user, because anything done manually is not worth mentioning at all.

We use intune but it doesn't change the fact that the BIOS Preboot feature should be outside the Client Manager. Things like forced password manager and notifications makes this a bad product, when it could be the best product on the market.

HP Recommended

I am not clear yet on your needs, but since you mention BIOS preboot password, i wanted to let you know (and perhaps all who read this thread), that HP has developed a PowerShell Scripting Library that has a specific module dedicated to BIOS management, including setting and clearing BIOS passwords

You can get the library (and all web-based documentation) at www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement, and clicking on "HP Download Library", where you will find the download and documentation links at the bottom of the page

The Scripting Library has several modules, all documented, including BIOS management, Softpaq download and repository management, access to product Warranty information, and more

you should be able to incorporate BIOS PowerOn setting features in a script on any system management tool of your choice

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

The point of the HP Client Security Manager package is to:

Enable pre-boot BIOS user and password equal to the windows users. This means that if Dina in accounting changes her password on the Windows 10 machine, so does the HP Pre-boot password. I doubt the scripting tools are able to do this?

The problems:
1) HP Client Security Mgmt package is littered with unneeded things and should fork the password pre-boot module alone 

2) HP Client Security Mgmt is spamming(!) the user down with notifications

HP Recommended

I can confirm number 2, the HP Client Security Mgmt is spamming(!) the user down with notifications.

We have tried everything to stop this, but were not able to. Since we use it to encrypt our drives we can't uninstall it. The result is that very single user at work (including me) HATES hp for it and will think twice before purchasing any of their products.

HP Recommended

Hello

it's several years that HP Client Security manager doesn't include encryption software as Bitlocker is included in Windows 10.

Are you using Windows 7 or an olde version of HP Client Security Manager ?

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.