cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
deutschlcuas
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

[SOLVED] How to reset bios admin password HP Elitebook 820 G2

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 820 G2

Hey,

I purchased this pre-owned and would like to update the bios. It wont let me do so unless i give it the admin password. How to take the password off ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deutschlcuas
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I solved it by contacting HP world wide chat. They provided me with a file to restore the BIOS in it's default state. It worked.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 9,362 3,357 14,353
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Elitebook is a business class machine with tighter security than consumer class machines.If the seller can't give it to you- only official HP Tech Support can help you-with proof of ownership.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

deutschlcuas
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I solved it by contacting HP world wide chat. They provided me with a file to restore the BIOS in it's default state. It worked.
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 9,362 3,357 14,353
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Happy to hear HP Tech Support helped you in a timely manner.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Nephionel
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i am facing now the same problem as you did.. will you please help me? send me the file or atleast let me be in contact with the people who helped you.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation