Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15u G6 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 11

My HP ZBook 15u G6 will not recognize a new SSD when cloned and installed. The bios that appear to be in English read more like a foreign language. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is the image clone on the same model of SSD?

You don't see the SSD at all in BIOS?

The ZBook is running the latest UEFI/BIOS version?

HP Recommended

Hello,

The BIOS language you can change from the BIOS (F10) -> Advanced tab -> Display Language,
like this:

L1.pngL2.png

You might review your BIOS settings in "Advanced tab" -> Boot options

or reset BIOS settings and/or Security settings to default

d1.pngd2.png

If the SSD is detected in F9 menu but not booting, this would probably mean something wrong during the cloning.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert volunteer (2013-2023)
HP Recommended

I'm not the first to have this issue. A search of the internet showed lots of people with the same issue. But, I solved my issue by thinking outside the box. I was able to get my ZBook to boot into Safe Mode and recognize the drive that way. After leaving Safe Mode things functioned just like normal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.