Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs580tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop can support m.2 SSD so I want to upgrade it.Upto which gb the laptop can support it.?I have an 500gb hdd.if i install m.2 sdd does the laptop store the information in both ssd and hdd or only it can store in one of them..? If I upgrade hdd with ssd and also upgrade m.2 SSD is it okay for the laptop 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@na_win,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Your HP Notebook - 15-Bs580tx (2EY80PA), according to: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257.pdf, can be fitted with an M.2 SATA III NGFF SSD. These particular M.2 SSDs look like this -please note the two notches:

NonSequitur777_0-1674195786055.png

You can install a 1TB M.2 SATA III NGFF SSD if you are so inclined, and upgrade your SATA HDD at the same time, no problem.  I assume your SATA HDD is currently your primary (boot) drive, so if you were to upgrade this drive, you'll have to clone it first to the new drive, and the how-to cloning procedure can easily be found online, such as this YouTube video (desktop or laptop, procedure is the same): Clone and Replace your Old HDD with a SSD Using Macrium Free Software - YouTube.  If you were to upgrade the SATA HDD, choose a SATA SSD instead, for speed.

When you install an additional storage drive, you obviously will increase the amount of storage you can utilize to store information -video, digital documents, music files, etc.  Only one drive can be your primary (boot) drive, meaning, where your operating system software (Windows) is situated.  Since an M.2 SSD is faster than an HDD or even a SATA SSD, many people choose to make the M.2 drive their primary drive.  If I have lost you, please Google this subject, and read about it.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@na_win,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Your HP Notebook - 15-Bs580tx (2EY80PA), according to: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257.pdf, can be fitted with an M.2 SATA III NGFF SSD. These particular M.2 SSDs look like this -please note the two notches:

NonSequitur777_0-1674195786055.png

You can install a 1TB M.2 SATA III NGFF SSD if you are so inclined, and upgrade your SATA HDD at the same time, no problem.  I assume your SATA HDD is currently your primary (boot) drive, so if you were to upgrade this drive, you'll have to clone it first to the new drive, and the how-to cloning procedure can easily be found online, such as this YouTube video (desktop or laptop, procedure is the same): Clone and Replace your Old HDD with a SSD Using Macrium Free Software - YouTube.  If you were to upgrade the SATA HDD, choose a SATA SSD instead, for speed.

When you install an additional storage drive, you obviously will increase the amount of storage you can utilize to store information -video, digital documents, music files, etc.  Only one drive can be your primary (boot) drive, meaning, where your operating system software (Windows) is situated.  Since an M.2 SSD is faster than an HDD or even a SATA SSD, many people choose to make the M.2 drive their primary drive.  If I have lost you, please Google this subject, and read about it.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.