Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Should I keep laptop plugged in all the time even when it's fully charged?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Should you?

No necessarily, but leaving the PC plugged in all the time if it was made in the last 15 years or so, shouldn't be a problem.

HP Recommended

Hi jltt97,

I Totally aggree with Paul_Tikkanen that if the PC is plugged in all the time, if it was made in the last 15 years or so, shouldn't be a problem.

However it is advisable if the laptop remains on the charger most of the time, it is recommended for configuring the Custom Battery Charge Capacity option, in BIOS, to minimize the effects of constant charging.

For HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows)

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

Regards,
Karthik Nataraj

I am an HP employee.
I'm speaking on my behalf only and I'm not speaking for HP.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

HP Recommended

you do not say which laptop you are asking about. this is important as newer generation laptops with super-thin batteries can be negatively affected by keeping them on charge constantly. As mentioned, HP business laptops over the past 3-4 years with up to date bios have a setting under the bios admin\power to set it  like this (set it to the setting in bold😞

Battery Health Manager

Maximize my battery health

Let HP manage my battery charging

*Maximize my battery duration

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.