Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G1 Base Model Notebook PC
Linux

Hello All,

I have problems with my HP elitebook840 G1, and I cannot find the issue. I think there might be some hardware issue, but i would really like to fix this notebook.

Most times it gets stuck before booting, the HP logo shows and in the bottom of the screen it shows how to enter the boot menu, this screen just stays all the time and it does not reply to any input(so i cannot enter BIOS)

Now sometimes, if I didn't try to start the notebook for a day or so, it will boot just right into linux without problem, I can use it until after a while it suddenly powers off...

Other times when i try to start it, it does not even show the HP logo, the screen does not light up at all. The keybourd backlight and the wifi and other led's start blinking and keep blinking until I turn it off by pressing the boot key for 5 seconds.

I have been trying many things to figure it out, including BIOS recovery, changing the RAM sticks etc...

One other problem this laptop has is that the touchpad and lower mouse buttons don't work, however I can work with the trackpoint and the associated mouse buttons.

Any ideas to find out what is wrong with my laptop are greatly appreciated!

Kind regards, 

Jeroen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.