Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Same issue here. 14" HP x360, Windows 10, all latest HP and OS updates. intelligent_charging_scheduler service running at a steady 10-12% CPU and fan always running. Wasn't doing it before the latest round of BIOS and associated HP updates.

HP Recommended

Same Issue Zbook Fury G8 i7

If you ask me this started after the last windows update which also is trying to constantly remind me to upgrade to windows 11.   I am still on windows 10

Task manager showing continued 15-20% usage of cpu by the ICS.   Never ever had a problem until maybe the last month or two now. I have to END the process to get it act normal. 

Update 5/17   Disabled ICS - No more issues however I do feel as though my battery life has shortened now - I'm sure there is a reason

Update 5/31   BIOS update over the last weekend.  ICS is still there, but disabled. I'm tempted to Re-Enable to see if it does it again or if it was changed. 

HP please help us out

HP Recommended

Hi all

New to the forum, but I am also experiencing this problem. Currently using a new HP Probook 450 G8 i3 11th gen processor and noticing that the ICS is constantly using about 15% of my CPU. As this laptop is so thin, it has always had some heat underneath it but it's abnormally hot. My battery life has also decreased substantially! I used to get about 5:30 out of it, now I'm lucky if I get 3! 

How will I know once a fix has been issued? My laptop is only about 2 months old.

Thanks

Sean

HP Recommended

Same issue here on ZBook Fury G8, win11 with lastest updates, etc.

Issue started after I manually installed HP Power Manager from the HP Support site for my notebook:

HP Power Manager

3.0.14.0 Rev.A187.9 MBMar 18, 2022

EDIT: this download was offered just a few days ago. So it's about 2 months old and has never EVER been tested internally by HP???

EDIT 2: I did install BIOS version 01.09.02 Rev.A before installing the HP Power Manager update though. Might be important info regarding this issue. 

HP Recommended

Hi there.

I actually called HP support today regarding this and the call centre agent said that this a new problem that wasnt previously reported. As a number of complaints have now come in, HP will hopefully fix it by the time the next BIOS update is released. After he tried to update all my drivers (already updated), he said that the only way to work around this until the update is released, is to disable the this ICS Task in Computer Management. 

This is nothing but a pain. 

HP Recommended

You could also try to just uninstall "ICS" from Add/Remove Programs (or Apps). That's what I did.
But on a 'HP managed' computer it might come back after that. This is just one of the reasons I'd [i]never[/i] trust HP for installing their software automagically.

HP Recommended

Here the same issue.

Last week the same program under a other name with the same issue.

There are more and more problems with updates.

Isn't there testing beforehand on different laptops?

I am not used to this from HP.

You are not going to descend from a professional organization to an amateur one, are you?

I uninstalled the program again.

HP Recommended

Hi all together,

I just checked: The easyest way to get rid of it is uninstalling. It is a app and can be uninstalled over "System Settings / Apps"
The name ist just "ics"

cheers /Hendrik/

(is there any use of this app? My bios takes care of loading the battery to not more then 90%. No need for a program fiddeling around there...)

HP Recommended

I have the same issue - Windows 10, Fury G7.

HP Recommended

The best solution is disable ICS until the bug will be fixed, as I explained in one my prior post, not remove it.

The ICS uses artificial intelligence to learn how the owner uses the notebook day by day, plugged or unplugged, the time used on battery, etc... so that the can predict the moment when the user need the battery at maximum charge, providing on time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.