Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

disable it until its fixed is the best solution...

HP Recommended

The current ICS software is definitely faulty.

It functions as exactly THE OPPOSITE of what it suggests:
it will destroy battery life, it will destroy fans, uses extra power, uses extra fans, et cetera and so on.

There is absolutely no reason NOT to remove it asap. It acts like hardware-killing malware and should be regarded as such.

HP Recommended

I'm using a HP ProBook 450 G8 and have the same issue.

The ICS process permanently causes 10-15% CPU load.

Running Windows 21H1 Build 19043.1706, applied lastest HP driver and BIOS updates.

It would be great if HP support would pick up this topic and provide a patch.

For the moment I deactivated the ICS service

HP Recommended

solution (proved, we did it here in our office): uninstall the HP ICS exe. Fan will work as usual.

HP Recommended

Update on my Zbook Fury

I disabled it - restarted - no longer functioning 

Great way to kill a good laptop early - HP needs to fix this pronto - either get rid of it - or make it work.  We don't always need to reinvent the wheel. 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue on a ZBook Power

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎2/‎23/‎2022

HP Recommended

After digging a bit, it seems to me that the BIOS can handle the battery optimization/health stuff by itself. 
If this is indeed the case, and I surely hope so since ICS is broken, then I don't understand what the HP Power Manager App / ICS combo do.

HP Power Manager seems like an interface to BIOS features. As for ICS someone mentioned it uses AI/machine learning to predict behaviour and then use this "knowledge" to do "stuff". What exactly is not clear. 

Personally I will keep ICS for now but disabled, since it can't do any harm like that, until I find out more about this AI/machine learning stuff and see if it's really useful or not.

I hope HP makes the effort to respond sooner rather than later. As a new HP notebook owner, after having used Toshiba first then Asus later and a couple of Microsoft Surface Pros after that, without significant issues such as this one, I hope I won't regret it and that it's just a bug related to "advanced" features which won't affect battery health/life.

HP Recommended

unfortunately I have the same problem after the last update with almost the same machine, which is only three months old. I deactivated the ics.exe as described, which is certainly not a sensible solution. Now I'm waiting for the problem to be fixed...

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem on my fully updated Fury G8

Specs:

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version: 19044.1706
Microprocessor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11850H @ 2.50GHz
System memory: 32 GB
Memory slot 1: 32GB Hynix/Hyundai 3200MHz
System board: 8870 KBC Version 52.30.00
System BIOS: T95 Ver. 01.09.02

HP Recommended

Same here on my G7 running Windows 11. 

15% of my CPU is constantly used. The fan is always on even when the pc is not plugged in.

Hope the issue is fixed soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.