Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion - 15-cd004au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Pavilion 15-cd004au which has A9-9429 CPU and AMD R5 + AMD R7 dual GPU. R5 GPU is 500mb and R7 is 2GB. R5 is Primary GPU and R7 is secondary GPU for gaming and other stuff....

The problem is that the laptop is always stuck with the R5 GPU and cannot switch to the R7

My AMD software is fully updated its Radeon 20.4.2 and the drivers are installed correctly.

PLEASE help me out

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AHMEDSHAH Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Switchable Graphics in Laptop does not switch.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you try the steps provided in the below link (AMD forum) and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2gBSuOi

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.