Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Probook 455 G2 A8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

'The followng product information programmed into system board is missing or invalid-
System board (00A) System Board CT Number"

This is the error message we receive turning on the laptop. 

The next screen, it's asking for username and password which we don't have. Never even set one either! Looks like the laptop turned a deadweight overnight. How can we set and forget what we set?

Could the support agents send me the appropriate files to reset the bios so we can use the laptop? Please don't state privacy reasons regarding BIOS password. The BIOS is corrupted, surely we can make an exception? 

This is an expensive mistake to replace the whole board, sending the laptop to e-waste. Very frustrating. 

Next screenNext screen84e47a4f-35e8-42b1-b13c-6e72bd2d3263.JPGOn boot. / Missing corrupted BIOSOn boot. / Missing corrupted BIOSb430368c-7443-4e48-b625-775d1127851b.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Contacted support tech. No one is able to help. 

The laptop just turned itself into a brick? What is going on. 

HP Recommended

@Nchnckr1:

I see "Enter-Continue Setup," just below "System Board CT Number" on the Product Information Not Valid screen. If it's clickable, it'll take you to the bios setup. Just exit it out and see if the laptop boots into the Windows.

HP Recommended

Thank you, 

It's asking for User ID and Password on the next screen (Which we don't have and never set one as far as I can remember)

Are you suggesting it should boot in rather than the BIOS login details?

There is no way for us to by pass this screen. 😕

HP Recommended

My suggestion was click on the "Enter-Continue Setup" before the next User ID screen pops up to see if you can get into the bios setup then you can exit it out and boot into the Windows. But if the User ID screen appears instead, my suggestion doesn't work.

Apparently, System Board 00A error is not uncommon. A lot of other folks posted about the error. See the link below:

Search - HP Support Community

HP Recommended

HP said this product is absolute and no support is available. 

sad 😔 

is there a way to reset the BIOS on this laptop?

ProBook 455 G2 A8-7100 system. 

Like jumping pins, removing the CMOS battery or shorting a trace like we do on desktops? My knowledge about this is rusty. I remember doing this like 20 years ago. 

Would this action even clear the password?

thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.